- This event has passed.
New Years Eve Special
December 31, 2023 at 7:00 pm - January 1, 2024 at 1:30 am
Join us this Christmas, as SteamRanger, presents South Australia’s first ever illuminated train journey!
Experience our 1950’s Redhen Railcar fleet, like never before, as they are decked out inside and out with Christmas lights and decorations.
The “New Years Eve Train”, will depart Strathalbyn at 7.00pm, and will travel to Victor Harbor, allowing our passengers a breathtaking sunset journey along the beach between Port Elliot and Victor Harbor, arriving in town with ample time for the family fireworks at 9.30pm.
The train will depart Victor Harbour at 10.30pm for Goolwa, where passengers may alight and enjoy Goolwa’s festivities, and the fireworks at midnight off the Hindmarsh Island bridge.
The train will then depart Goolwa at 12.30am, arriving back at Strathalbyn around 1.30am.
The Southern Lights & New Years Eve Trains are proudly supported by Bendigo Bank and Bunnings Warehouse, Victor Harbor
Conditions of Travel:
- Trains maybe cancelled at short notice if SteamRanger if adverse weather conditions may have an impact on the safe running of these trains.
- The target market for these trains is families and therefore any passengers who consume any alcoholic beverages during the evening do so responsibly.
- SteamRanger has the right to refuse travel to any intoxicated person.
- NO dogs or bikes will be permitted on these special trains
- NO Alcoholic drinks will be permitted on trains.