Travel in our rarely used first class carriages on a day out with a difference.
Our 1930’s era art-deco first class carriage will be attached to the regular Southern Encounter service for your package tour. Enjoy morning tea before departure at Mt Barker, before relaxing in comfort as our train winds its way down the southern Mt Lofty Ranges, and on across the mallee plains to Goolwa.
At Goolwa, enjoy a two course meal at the Goolwa Hotel and a 90 minute cruise on the historic, wood-fired Paddle Steamer OscarW.
The Southern Encounter will then attach your carriage at Goolwa, for a stunning early evening climb, back up the ranges to Mt Barker.
2018 Tour Date: Sunday 21st October 2018
SORRY – BOOKED OUT
Package Fare: $145 per person. Drinks at own cost
(Includes a tap beer, house wine or soft drink on arrival)
- Chicken Breast stuffed with Sundried Tomato & Spinach with Mash and a Red Wine Glaze or
- Barramundi Fillet with Curly Wedges and Spring Onion Hollandaise sauce or
- Scotch Fillet Steak (cooked medium) with Sweet Potato Mash & Butter Roasted Mushroom.
(includes Salad and Vegetable Bar and a warm bread roll).
- Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce, Cream and Ice Cream or
- Fresh Fruit Salad Pavlova with Chantilly cream & Passion Fruit Coulis
Tea and Coffee
Enquiries and Bookings:- telephone 1300 655 991.
N.B. When booking, please advise of any dietary requirements of members of your party.
Please note Bookings for this excursion are not available on-line.